The Quran
Haha... I finally edited my first entry. Looks a lot more like what I would usually say yar?
My luck hasn't been very good during the past 2 days. After arriving on a night flight from Istanbul (and barely slept), I went up to Isabel's (the person who was suppose to host me) house at 7am. Unfortunately, I couldn't get her. Called her cell and knocked on her door but it was all fruitless. 1 guy staying in the same block gesticulate to me that she has flown off. It was a little sucky but I told myself to stay cool and bad things do happen. In the end I went to the city centre and used the internet to find a hostel. The woman at the counter was a real bitch... irritate the hell out of me, especially after what happened in the morning plus i hardly slept. After that, I checked into a hostel near the city centre. After paying 30 euros for 2 days, the woman told me that I can only check in at 3pm. WTF! It was only 10am and I had to wait another 5 hrs. At this point, I really started to lose my cool. Really pissed. Eventually I went out to explore Berlin (half awake) and went back at 4pm to catch a nap. The best thing is that Isabel emailed me to ask me what happened. Quite funny hah... Sometimes Im glad that I can laugh at myself in frustrating times. Makes things a lot easier...
My trip until the wretch events in Berlin had been very good. The sudden stream of bad luck made me wnder whether it had to do with my 'abandonment' of the Quran. On my last day in Istanbul, I went to the Spice market and I met a guy who sold me some Turkish delights. He learnt that I do not have a religion and was keen to introduce me to Islam. Partially out of interest and partially out of politeness, I listened to him and eventually he gave me the Quran and I had no choice but to accept it. Interestingly, the Kurdish man shares the same surname as me. Im starting to wonder whether is it fate. Over the past few months, I've been exploring more about the various religions but while remaining a free thinker, I am also giving myself the opportunity to experience the calling, from whichever religion or god. To my surprise, the events written in the Quran documented many events that are found in the bible, such as Adam, Joseph, Abraham and Mary (Jesus is pretty insignificant though, which happens to be the same as Judaism). Interesting huh.
I had to catch a airport transfer to Sabiha airport (extremely inaccessible) and while taking the ferry, I met a guy (Seref) who was extremely helpful. The bus stop was pretty far from the ferry terminal and there was no way that I could have located it by myself. In fact, he even took me to the bus office and paid for the cab. I am extremely grateful and thanked him for his help. 'Turkish hospitality' was his reply, and he was extremely proud of it. Real good luck.
Then came the twist... My baggae was extremely heavy and I was in 2 minds whether to leave the Quran behind at the bus office. Eventually I boarded the bus without the Quran. After I settled down in the bus... a random supestitious thought struck me. Being a holy object, will the Quran suddenly appear in my bag!? Stupid question? Not really. Within 3 seconds, the guy from the bus office walked up to me and asked me if the Quran belongs to me!!! Can it be more holy/xie men (strange) than that? After that, I started to become suay (unlucky).
I taked to Jacylnn over msn and she advised me to dispose it asap. She is worried that it may be Gong Tau (voodoo). I'm not so sure though. Maybe it all started because of my disrespect. Who knows?! Better don't take any chance. I will treat it with respect from now on. Hee...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home