Ah Wei's Travel Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Paris and the French Riviera 2006
Can't quite believe that this is the third time that I am in Paris in less than a year. When i was approached to join the SIFE team in Paris, I was quite willing to go. After all, it is my favourite European city. Unfortunately, the experience didn't quite match the expectations. Perhaps its a case of one time too many. Perhaps because this is a partial work trip and I was responsible for a fair bit of things. I wasn't stressed, just tired.

Even though this is the third time, I still would not say that I have seen everything that Paris have to offer. Managed to see the works inside Musee d'orsay and also took the cruise around the Seine for the first time. I was pretty glad that Baby agreed to come along. In a long term relationship, you always need to inject new sparks after a while. Also, at least she can't complain about me going away again this time. Haha.


The guys

Ouch

My favourite photo

The SIFE gang

Suzy and Mei

No disrespect. Just trying to mimick the statue in the middle

Had to look cool to match Cher.

After the competition ended, we hanged around in Paris for a couple of days before heading out to Nice. The city itself is heavily dependent on tourism, where sun worshippers descend every summer. We also went to Monaco, a short train ride away. Monaco is the principality with the highest GDP per capita in the world.

Monaco harbour, Monte Carlo in the backdrop

A yatch only looks complete when you have a landing pad for the chopper


Nice is nice. It has a pebbly seaside facing my favourite sea, The Mediterranean. The only downside is that it is too touristy, and it caters to the aunties and ah peks. So, instead of seeing stunning girls tanning at the beach, all you see are the boobs that points in the direction opposite the compass. Nevertheless, it was still a very slow and relaxing place for the 2 of us to just chill.

It's quite incredible how many people I met while on this holiday.
Mun Fai in Paris, Kang Ming and Xiaolin in Monaco all unplanned. Meeting Xuefen in Nice was part of the plans since she was on exchange there. While I think these were pleasant surprises, perhaps I never really felt I was away because I was with people I knew all the time.

Slacking in Nice, France

Met Joel and Xuefen

Yum.




Shall get back to posting about Tibet soon. Been busy with projects and exams. Send your congratulations because I will finally be ending my studying career on Dec 1.Yay!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting write-ups and nice pics!

7:47 AM

 
Blogger MrGreenMonkey said...

woah.. the blog is alive...

9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Baby,

Nice Pics....Glad you enjoyed yourself despite that you're tied down with Sife work for the first few days.

Love,
your "baby" too..

2:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i could be there as well... indeed a wonderful place man

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home