Dreaming again... of Tibet and Yunnan
Its been along time since I last blogged yar... I haven't been blogging because I haven't been travelling. Make sense right? Don't I have other things to write about, you may ask. Yes, but nothing with the same kind of enthusiasm. Well, actually i did go on a diving trip but that doesn't really count right?
Well... Clifton and I are planning another trip, this time to Tibet and Yunnan. Yeah, my adventures are getting more exotic hah... Will probably go after the World Cup (July 12) and come back in mid-august. Nothing much has been planned actually. I don't even know whether it will materialize. I will be applying for a second internship and hope it will end early enough. Of course, I am not required to do a second one but I would have to do something between now and July.
I'm sure Yunnan and Tibet will be stunning. I'm also looking for the solitude, being alone but yet beyond loneliness. The feeling of being so close in touch with nature, where the mind, body and nature becomes one. Sure, I will be traveling with Clifton but I'm sure he would love to get this experience as well. We could avoid talking to each other for 3 days? That really isn't a lot out of one month. that may even be good, given our propensity to disagree... hahaha.

"The natural beauty of China's remote Shangri-La is stunning. You are in the midst of picturesque snow-capped peaks, forested mountain slopes, clear blue lakes, fertile rustic farms, and green highland valleys where yaks and sheep lazily graze. The landscape is timeless, the air fresh and exhilarating."
" This massive palace (now a museum) was once the winter religious and political seat of Tibet under the leadership of the Dalai Lama.(I promise to take pictures better than these man)

3 Comments:
You know i was thinking of the same thing.!!! being alone without totally being alone.. i was imagining that both of us will be perched on a cliff face overlooking mountain, engulfed in clouds, while we read a good book and then start talking like 3 hours later to continue our usual talking cock!
7:49 PM
No clifton... you got it wrong. Its 3 days. Not 3 hours. Haha... Was reading this book that mentioned about the magic of solitude. It said 3 weeks, which I thought ts too much., so I said 3 days. I like the way you phrase it. Being alone without totally being alone.
7:36 PM
Hey.. u guys sounds like going on a DATE! anyway... its great to travel with your buddy.. cheers!
6:28 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home