Ah Wei's Travel Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Home

It's been raining everyday for the past week. Means that its dark, cold and gloomy most of the time. can't go out to kia kia or lim kopi with the guys. Somehow, in a temperate climate, the changes in weather affected a person's mood a lot more. In fact, countries like Norway can be dark the whole day. Correspondingly, the suicide rate in these places is the highest in the world. Darkness can be so depressing.

I also stayed at home a lot more and felt a little lonely. Have been listening to Michael Buble's Home a couple of times the past few days. I like the tune but the song aint exactly the best for someone far from home. Made me a little homesick. First time I felt this way since I left Singapore.

Fortunately, the weather cleared up a bit and I also started to go out more with Clifton, Xiaoyu and Cherilyn so now not so depressed. I have to start looking on the bright side to lift my spirits. Complied a list of things that I experience in this trip that should make me happy. Contentment is happiness, so.....

I am thankful that:

I realised how much my family love me.

I overcame the anomosity with my father.

I am here in Europe with Clifton. We've planned this for 2 years bro!

I Cherilyn and Xiaoyu with me in Barcelona as well. 3 of you are really the nicest thing about Barcelona.

I have so many close friends who care about me.

I visited so many amazing places in Europe, and of course meeting so many new people.

I learnt so much about myself.

I rediscovered the amazing feeling that I have for my baby. Don't get too excited dear, I'm not about to propose yet. =p

4 Comments:

Blogger T e R e N c E said...

Bro, as usual you never fail to crack me up! hahah!

Good to see that you are full of thanksgiving! :) and most importantly is your relationship with family and friends has taken a step further :) Happy for you bro!

May we continue to treasure the people around us always :) It's a reminder to myself too :)

2:55 AM

 
Blogger JaCyLnnisM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:40 PM

 
Blogger JaCyLnnisM said...

Hahaha... Trying to pull my legs again right...on the proposal thingy? It doesnt work on me already..

But.. you're getting ME excited in finding out what's that RE-discovered feeling for MEI MEI

Plus, sorry to hear abt the Depressing Weather Baby... but I'm sure that you can find joy equally staying home and cozying up on ur bed. =P

5:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was listening to that song repeatedly too! But that was when I was rushing my essay, cos I dun wana do, just wana go home! ahaha

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home