Ah Wei's Travel Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm back

Wow... its been 3 weeks since I last updated this blog. My apologies. Flattered to know that I have some loyal readers on this site. You probably guessed that the reason for my prolonged absence is due to Jacylnn's arrival in Barcelona. 2 weeks have never felt shorter than this before. Everything just seemed to fly past. Before I know it, she's already back in Spore. Sigh... miss her badly at times.

A few days after she arrived, Clifton, Jacylnn and I went to Rome, Venice and Paris for one week. This 3 places are the most beautiful that I have seen so far. Venice was really beautiful and romantic. We were there for only one day so we were quite lucky to get different weather conditions. It was misty in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. Of course, its a different type of beauty. There isn't much to do in Venice but there wasn't a need to do anything either. Its just so beautiful that you can spend the whole day walking around and absorb its charm.

If we look a little tired in the pic, that's because we had to sleep on the corridor for our overnight train from Rome. And we refused to pay $400 sing for one night in a hotel, so... we ended up sleeping at the train station for the 2nd night. Quite an experience. I certainly came out the worst of the 3 of us. Jacylnn was feeling very cold that night and couldn't sleep. So I didn't as well although I have already been trained to sleep in any condition after my one month backpacking trip. When she was able to get some sleep, she chose to sleep on my shoulders. So.. i had to support her head.




Look at the pigeon on her shouder. St Mark's Square.

Clifton torturing the poor pigeon.





4 Comments:

Blogger JaCyLnnisM said...

haahha... baby...

argh! u actually tell everyone how i tortured u on the train in the middle of the night by choosing to sleep on ur shoulders. Anyway, ur so sweet, willing to sacrifice and let mei mei sleep on ur shoulders while u force urself to sleep while seated up. Must Give u credit!

Yeah.. do agree that it felt kinda short the holidays.. Definitely hope that I can be there longer and come back tghr in Dec.. but alas.. Mei's a PROFESSIONAL WORKER!!! =P

Btw, the pics all turned out to be so cool.. You and Clifton are Great Photographers! Thanks for taking so many pictures of me.. and that also explains why urs is so little.. hahah.

MEi

5:38 PM

 
Blogger @BEL said...

Cool pics! Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves in Europe... By the way, Clif looks a bit blacker now ey? hahahaa...

6:10 PM

 
Blogger T e R e N c E said...

Hi there Bro,

Nice pics and travel experiences you have got here!! Looking forward to seeing more pics eh :)

Enjoy!
Cheers

5:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good shit good shit! Damn I wish I could turn back the clock to the time when I was in Paris when i was 14! At that time, all these historical buildings were just damn boring. Was only looking forward to going Galeries Lafayette...

1:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home