Ah Wei's Travel Blog

Friday, December 09, 2005

Granada Pictures

Went to Southern Portugal and Andalucia over the study break. Overall it was a great trip. Saw a lot of charming rural areas and intricate Muslim architectual. Good to fly south to escape from the cold weather in Barcelona.

I've discovered my deficiency in remembering/interpreting flight times. The first time was when I missed my flight to Shanghai last Dec, overlooking 0200hrs as 2pm. Fortunately, I managed to get on the next flight 2 days later to present my paper. Phew.. that was close... the flight was very full. The second one was when Jacylnn arrived in Barcelona. I saw her departure time from Heathrow as the arrival time in Barcelona. Waited for 5 painful hours at the airport. The anxiety of wanting to see her was incredible. And this time, I missed my flight back to Barcelona. Mistook my departure time as 4pm when it stated 1400hrs. No third time lucky. Had to pay 50 euros each for the rescue ticket. Paid 100 in total, including for Clifton. Waited 6 hours at the airport. Fortunately it didn't spoil my mood. Shit happens... but sometimes you just have to deal with it, especially when its your own mistake.

Just a random thought... will I miss my flight back to Singapore? Hehe.. A mei will be the first in line to kill me. Hmm... Don't trust me on flight times in future!



Sierra Nevada - a snow capped mountain visible from the city


Whitewashed houses in the only remaining Morrish neighbourhood in Andalucia. I love the whitewashed houses, something typical of mediterranean. They are so charming.


Street shots



The Alhambra






See the man powering the carousels


3 Comments:

Blogger JaCyLnnisM said...

Very nice shots taken dear..

And.. YES, Ah mei will definitely be the first in line to KILL u if u missed your flight back to Spore!!!

Mebbe u shd just forward me your Return Air Ticket information so that i can double check if its the right timing!! ahahah..

7:05 PM

 
Blogger @BEL said...

Nice pics! When you coming back bro? Or will I be gone by the time you return?

4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you take some nice shots man! Better than Joel!..heh.

3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home