Ah Wei's Travel Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cycling expedition

I'm going on a cycling expedition to Kukup this weekend, 200km to and fro over 2 days. Initially I was quite excited. I've never tried anything even half as challenging before.To make things worst, we would have to travel at an average speed of 25 km/h. Well.. i knew it would be a huge challenge. I know my budging rock hard thighs are something of a distant past. Even at my best, i don't think I was equipped with enough 'gu lat' to complete the expedition.

I went for a training session the other night and completed about 50 plus km. It was pretty xiong man. Some more I do not have 1cm thin wheels that 'cuts through the road'. Some more no safety vehicle. That means I can't just admit that I'm a pussy and give up. Nao hia... Ji bai xiao liao lar.

I'm sure a huge part of it will be down to my mental strength, something that I sorely lack, especially when it comes to pushing myself physically. It was meant to be a challenge anyway, and to build up my weak mind. Im sure to draw inspiration from Lance Armstrong. After all, if he can win Tour de France so many times with 1 ball, Im sure I can do something decent with 2 intact. Just joking. Seriously, Im sure everyone will agree with me that this man is phenomenal. Surving testicular cancer and storming back to win the most demanding and punishing circuit so many times.Respect.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good la bro! you go train then when we go to china we can go climb mountain together! haha.. i here also started running and getting in shape so we can carry our backpacks and hit the road..
Btw you know about the Nepal riots.. heard there is political instability now leh... dunno whether still can go there. Cos i heard that a nepalese (dunno right spelling a not) girl studying here cannot even go back because of the riots.

11:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh btw you got the shades liao?

8:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home