Contentment?
The submit of happiness is reached when a person is ready to be what he is.
Eramus
I am sure many of you would have come across a variation of this sentence. I would love to have your comments on your interpretation of it. Also, whether you believe in it and how much you live it.

2 Comments:
Contentment to me is just deriving simple pleasure and satisfaction from the people and things around me- like friendship, family and work...
I certainly believe in that statement by Erasmus, the pursuit of contentment is really a journey... To me, I am learning to experience it daily...
4:48 AM
The question of what I am is always a tough one.
Can't say I know my answer in full, but it dosen't upset me too much.
Personally, I think it lies somewhere within our lives. Some may learn enough to answer different aespects of the question at certain points, some may not. Some won't even give a shit. Which is fine too, if that's what they are... after all it's sort of about learning to be comfortable with yourself.
Whatever works.
Also, happiness is ephemeral, even at the pinnacle. Whatever happened to just plain old living life and making the best of whatever life throws you?
No point obessing over eternal happiness, especially when it defeats the puporse. But that's just me.
8:06 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home